HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Editorial

E-mail Print PDF

Here's my Strategy

I know that many of you are questioning my continuing to praise Obama for certain things that he is doing, namely the Drone attacks across the border into Pakistan. Here is my strategy. I am praising him for doing the right thing, and it is exactly what Bush was doing when he was President.
Defeating al-Qaeda in the Pakistan tribal areas is the most important thing on our plate right now, in the foreign policy arena. Obama is doing precisely what he criticized Bush for, during his whole campaign. The reason is simple. Obama is now seeing the same daily briefings as Bush did and since he is every bit as intelligent as Bush, he is continuing Bush's policy, and it's driving his liberal anti-war base crazy.
Think how great it would be if Rush and Sean Hannity would "wake up" and use the Gazette strategy. The result would be to split the Democrats in half. A small East Texas newspaper would be influencing national politics in a positive way. By the way, U.S. Congressman Henserling subscribes to this paper. W.C.

On the home front the most important thing on our plate is jobs and their creation. We all remember the story about "killing the goose that laid the golden egg" and that golden egg for America is our work ethic and the desire to better one's self, you know, make things better for our children than it was for us. A desire for profit, some call it greed, drives us all and it has built this wonderful country. This means the golden egg is business and more importantly small businesses and its owners. That is where the jobs will come from. It is inefficient to try and create jobs by giving money to the wrong people. Stimulate the job creators and the entrepreneurs if you want maximum effects from each dollar expended.
As of last Friday (4-17-09), the stock market (S&P 500 Index) has completed a 29 day Bear rally that started on 3-6-09 (a little under 30% total gain) identical to the previous 29 day one before that started on 11-21-08 and was good for 28% also.
So we know are probably faced with another move down to test the lows over the next 6 to 8 weeks. God be with us! W.C.

Last Updated on Friday, 24 April 2009 15:49  

The only searchable local paper.