HLRGazette Archives

Relive some of our best stories.

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Editorial

E-mail Print PDF
Many of you, who read the Dallas paper, saw the two Saturday stories featured on top of the front page, NOTE: the most prominent part of the paper, on Fort Hood and 9/11. Both stories related directly to recent Obama comments and with the 9/11 story, actions. Our new young President is following standard Democratic policy (Bill Clinton also did this) in trying to make these two matters criminal acts, instead of terrorist acts. The actual quote, from paragraph #2 of the 9/11 story is, "It's the most concrete demonstration yet of the Obama administration's desire to reassert the primacy of the criminal justice system in responding to terrorist acts."
I find myself wondering, why is this so important to the liberals? Do they want our local police departments to respond to the terrorists instead of our military?
However, the 9/11 story was really focused on Obama's Attorney General deciding to try Khalid Shaihk Mohammed (and others), the self proclaimed mastermind of the 9/11 Twin Tower attacks, in NYC, in a courthouse less than a mile from Ground Zero. WOW! Talk about using up your rapidly falling public approval ratings quickly!
The other story had Obama calling for punishing those in power who ignored the danger signs given off in the months before Nidal Hasan finally started shooting our soldiers at Fort Hood. I agree with that call, but will it actually ever be happen?
Recently, Sen. Joe Lieberman called the Fort Hood massacre an act of "Islamist extremism" - even as top Army brass warned on a Sunday Talking Heads show against guessing at a motive, fearing backlash against Muslim soldiers. "There are very, very strong warning signs here that Dr. Hasan had become an Islamist extremist and, therefore, that this was a terrorist act," Lieberman (I-Conn) told Fox News on Sunday. "If the reports that we're receiving of various statements he made, acts he took are valid, he had turned to Islamist extremism." Lieberman, the former Democratic vice presidential candidate who ran with Al Gore, chairs the Senate Homeland Security committee.
Can you imagine the spectical that will be created when they try to put the 9/11 mastermind on trial in NYC? Someone said that some big lawyers were fighting over representing him. W.C.

The only searchable local paper.